Tuesday 20 October 2015

To sew list

Lately, I haven't been the best. It took me two and a half weeks to finish my Morris Blazer (and I love it!), but I still haven't prepared a post about any of the things I've made. Also, the only things I've finished are said blazer, and a few hexipuffs. That's not much. And while I don't think that that is necessarily a bad thing, it is if you keep buying fabic. And that is what I did.


I won't bore you with showing everything I've bought, so one picture will suffice. In short, I've bought about 8 pieces of fabric, including sweatshirt fleece, poplin, lace, three pieces of jersey and two pieces of interlock. Yes, I told myself I can't buy any more, but we'll see how long that lasts. I also have another piece of interlock lying around, which is bright purple.

Now, I have to find patterns to sew. And therefore, I figured I'd make a to sew list. Not only will this help me figure out what to make, hopefully a reader will come across a pattern that they like. Or a designer. Or not, but someone might like to read this. Who knows.

Photo credit: Grainline

First and foremost, I want to make a winter coat. Grainline Studio's Cascade Duffle Coat, to be exact. I've been looking for a good coat for some time now, and I haven't been able to find one that I like. I'm not sure whether I'm a good enough seamstress yet, and I fear my sewing machine will not be able to handle such heavy fabrics, but I really want to make it. I've read nothing but good things about the pattern, and I think it is very pretty. The photo above shows the long version, and that is the version I'd make. I'm still not completely sure I'll make this, especially since the fabric would be very expensive, but who knows. If I can find fabric that is within my budget, I'll be very tempted to give this a go.



Also from Grainline: the Hemlock Tee. I've made this already, and I love it. It's not the most flattering picture, but I'm still planning to make a proper blog post about this tee. I've been wearing it every week since I made it, and it's so comfortable that I want to make another. I might use one of the green jerseys for this. I also want to make this into a dress, for added comfort, because I wouldn't have to wear pants! I could pair it with a belt and a pair of leggings, and I would be good to go.



Also from Grainline: Archer. Need I say more? It's a beautiful shirt, that will look different in every colour. I wasn't sure at first whether this is the pattern I wanted to use, since there are many beautiful patterns for button-up shirts, but from the ones I've looked at, this one stood out, because it seems to fit best with my figure. Other ones were designed for women with wider hips, and my hips are usually a size smaller than my torso, so I suspect Archer will fit me best.


And the last of the Grainline patterns (for now), my Morris Blazer. (link can be found at the top of this post) I love it. A lot. It gives a smart touch to any outfit, but it's still playful. I also love the fabric I've used, a medium weight interlock. I bought it at my local Jan Sikkens, where I get most of my fabric, but unfortunately, it was the last bit they had.
This is the first pattern I've bought on its own, and one of the reasons why I bought it is that it's versatile. It would look very different in the grey interlock I've bought, and I think it would look awesome in some kind of plaid as well. That is a must for me. I don't want people to notice that I own the same kind of garnment in multiple colours, I want to be able to re-use patterns. Luckily, this pattern is one of those.



Onto another designer. After I bought the sweatshirt fleece, I've been looking at other people's sweaters, and I came across the Lola Dress, by Victory Patterns. I love it. Lauren's beatiful dress inspired me to make one myself with my navy fabric, and preferably, with light grey ribbing. I haven't found that yet, though, and I do not have as much fabric as the pattern calls for, so I haven't bought the pattern yet. I'm still on the fence about this one.



I came across this designer, Kommatia, on Tumblr, and I'm very curious about her patterns. I want to try making either the crop top with the ballerina neckline, or the crop top with the turtle neck, I'm not sure which one yet. Her patterns are not expensive, and very modern. I very much want to try making one of these tops, with the purple bit of interlock.

Last, but not least, it's Nettie, by Closet Case Files. I've seen a lot of people make it, and heard very good things about the pattern. I definitly want to make this, I just haven't gotten to it yet.

Phew, this has been one picture-heavy post. Fortunately, now I've got a list of patterns to make. Now I only have to decide which one to make first.

Do you have a to sew list? I'd love to hear from you!

Lots of love,

Lisanne


No comments:

Post a Comment