Friday 8 January 2016

Pouches and a sweater

It's late, but I still want to start off by wishing all of you a very happy and healthy 2016. May your days be bright and your crafts succesful.

It's customary to start the year with a few resolutions, but I decided against doing that this year. Instead, I've got a few goals I want to reach this year. I want to:
1. knit something with yarn from my stash at least once a month
2. document all my makes here

The last one is to keep me blogging, and for myself to see what I've accomplished in a year. I can hardly remember the things I made in 2015. The first one is because my stash is growing out of control. I've got four bins worth of yarn stuffed in my closed, the drawers in my desk are filled with WIPs and leftover yarn, and I've got another basket of yarn sitting on my desk. For three years of knitting, this is getting ridiculous.
This is the basket. The socks on top have been there for a few weeks, because I have to weave in the ends. Typing that makes me feel bad. I do like how you can see two hand-knit blankets in the background.




But onto the documenting. I proudly present to you, my first FO of 2016! It's a stockinette sweater with the chart from Pull (presque) Sessun on Ravelry. It includes a pattern for the sweater, but it wasn't in my size and I couldn't make sense of the French, so I decided to make my own pattern. I'm quite happy with how it turned out. The sleeves fit well and the overall length is good, but the body is quite loose. However, it is nice and snuggly, and I think it will fit better once I've blocked it.
The yarn is Stylecraft Special DK, in the colour cream. I do like the yarn. It's very soft and warm for an acrylic yarn, and you get a lot of yarn for your money. I used less than three skeins for this, which set me back about €9. I did buy four skeins, which means there's plenty left to make a scarf. Which is what I think I'm going to make.

My second and third FO are Earbud Pouches. The yarn is sport weight, I think it was called Pinguin Pingofine, and it's left over from a lace cowl I made. These little pouches take only about 15 metres, so they're great for stash busting. The left one actually contains earbuds. I made the one on the right, because I got a little mirror for christmas, and I want to be able to carry it around without damaging it. It fits perfectly.
There's more of these in my future. I've still got quite a bit of this yarn left, and they're addicting to make. After the first one, I had memorised the pattern, and they don't take long to knit at all. I made these two in one day, apart from the kitchener stitch on the second one.

That's all for today, though. I'm going to cast on a third Earbud Pouch now.
Lots of love and happy crafting!

Lisanne



No comments:

Post a Comment