Sunday 21 February 2016

Waiting for Rain KAL

As you may know, the very talented Sylvia Bo Bilvia recently released this pattern (link), and it became very popular very quickly. I couldn't resist either, and quickly cast on for this shawl.
A lace detail, before it was finished.
I very much enjoyed knitting this shawl. The instructions are clear, and the combination of garter stitch en lace short rows makes for relaxed knitting, without it becoming boring.
The yarn I used is Lana Grossa Lace Merino, in the colour charcoal (7). It's nearly black, but not qquite. I'm very happy with the colour I chose. The lace is still very visible when worn, and a colour this neutral means I can wear it with almost everyting.

Blocking this was hard, as you can see by my wobbly edges. It barely fit across two matresses, but luckily, it took very little time to dry. And the finished product is worth it.
It's huge. It's so much larger than my wing span that I couldn't find a place to take proper pictures. I ended up holding one end, which is why you can't see the dimensions properly. I haven't measured mine, but according to the pattern, the finished object has a 82" wing span. I'd say mine's about that size.
If you love it as much as I do, you can still enter the KAL! It runs until March 15th, and you don't have to be a very speedy knitter to finish before that date. From cast on to cast off, this thing took me 12 days to knit. Weaving in the ends and blocking took place later, because I was ill for a week.

This brings my FO total to 8! And I almost forgot to add number nine: a pair of vanilla socks. The yarn is Drops Fabel in the colour Sea Mist. I bought two skeins, but ended up using 1.3.
Until next time!

Lots of love,

Lisanne





No comments:

Post a Comment