Thursday 7 April 2016

Studying and stockinette

It's been a while. I wasn't planning on writing a blog anytime soon, but I felt the urge today, so I'm just gonna go with it. We'll see what happens.

I haven't got any FO's to show you. I've been very busy with school and trying to stay healthy. However, I've got a WIP and some random thoughts to share with you today.

I've been working on Harvest, by Tin Can Knits. With test week coming up, I wanted a simple project with lots of stockinette or garter stitch. As long as the pattern is easy enough, I can knit and study at the same time. Harvest has proved to be perfect for this. I cast on on March 25th, and I've started the second sleeve today, almost two weeks later. At the rate I'm going, this'll be done in no time. I won't go into the details today, because this cardigan definitely deserves its own FO post. It's simple, but very nice.

Working on this project made me realise how my way of crafting has changed. I used to get bored quite easily, and I loved complicated cable patterns. I didn't like rows upon rows of stockinette, because I would get distracted easily by other, more shiny projects. That seems to have changed completely. I've got a Wheaten on the needles, in amazing yarn, but I haven't touched it since I started this sweater. Not at all. I don't feel like knitting cables and lace and having to pay attention to every stitch.

I can think of quite a few reasons for this phenomenon, but I'm okay with it. I think I'll turn around once exams are finished and I can finally relax again. And I think I'll get much wear out of this cardigan. Now all I need to do is find another sweater pattern with lots of stockinette, because finals start in a month. I've got about two weeks to finish all my assignments, and then it's pretty much non-stop studying for three weeks. Wish me luck!

Lots of love and happy crafting,

Lisanne

No comments:

Post a Comment